Welcome to the
St John Ambulance Queensland
- Defibrillation & accessories
- Dishes / trays / containers
- Donate now
- Dressings / pads / swabs
- First aid charts
- First aid kit accessories
- First aid kits
- First aid room - equipment and furniture
- First aid training
- Advanced First Aid
- Advanced Resuscitation
- Apply First Aid FASTTRACK
- Apply First Aid for Childcare
- Apply First Aid PLUS+
- Caring for Kids
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment
- Industrial First Responder
- Low Voltage Electrical Work Rescue
- Mental Health First Aid
- Perform CPR FASTTRACK
- Perform CPR for Childcare
- Perform CPR PLUS+
- Provide First Aid in Remote Situations
- Workplace First Aid
- Workplace First Aid Recertification
- Hot & cold packs
- Instruments & accessories
- Manikins & accessories
- Oxygen equipment
- Protective equipment & gloves
- Publications and dvds
- Rescue & safety equipment
- Resuscitation masks & accessories
- Splints and braces
This course provides the skills and knowledge required to maintain life of an unconscious casualty using oxygen equipment and automated external defibrillation (AED).
- Conduct a primary assessment of the casualty
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Automated external defibrillator (AED) terminology
- Safety when using AEDs
- Preparation of casualty when using an AED
- Use of soft bag resuscitator
- Administration of oxygen
- Oxygen delivery systems
- Maintenance of oxygen and AEDs
- Infection control
HLTFA404C Apply Advanced Resuscitation Techniques
HLTCPR211A Perform CPR
22101VIC Course in Automated External Defibrillation
A Statement of Attainment will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
This unit should be assessed after achievement of one of the following related competency units.
- HLTFA311A Apply First Aid;
- HLTCPR211A Perform CPR; or
- HLTFA211A Provide Basic Emergency Life Support.
In general it is recommended that people using advanced resuscitation techniques have completed HLTFA301C Apply First Aid. However, it is recognised that some employers require staff to be able to apply advanced resuscitation techniques without requiring this first aid competency.
It is recommended that participants be 14 years or older. Participants under 14 years must provide written permission to attend the course from their parent or legal guardian.
Training materials provided
First aid publication, plastic CPR wallet card, oxygen therapy mask.
One (1) year.
The Australian Resuscitation Council recommends that CPR competency be recertified annually.
Recommended products / suggested first aid kits
- Small, Medium or Large Leisure First Aid Kit
- Low or Medium Risk Workplace Kit
- Keyring face shield or face mask
- Adult silicon resuscitators
- Automated external defibrillator